Ah FMIC how long to fit

mini-si

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am am finally the proud owner of a mint Ming blue s3. It is running a stage 1 map at present. Looking at putting a FMIC on it this week to keep things cooler with summer on its way.
am looking at the AH inter cooler. My questions are
what pipe work do I need? Bends etc and where's best to get from?
also is there any supporting mods worth doing at the same time?
down pipe maybe? Is that a front bumper off job aswell.
Would I require a further map, stage 2 maybe if I go down pipe/ front mount.

Thanks in advance.

Its andys old car from the forum user name AJC

Hi there,

All the answers to your questions can be found here -

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...info-stickies-please-read-before-posting.html

You will find the AH FAB V2 details in there- and if you look through Tufftys build thread he has a detailed description of how to fit it - I mean he is the guy that worked with AH Fabrications to create it in the first place.

After any mod you could argue that a remap or remap tweek is needed tbh.

DP is a pig job to do but most restrictive item on the exhaust side of things and if you don't go for a Pipewerx one then the Relentless one can sometimes cause issues when fitted.

A Full spec of the car would also be ideal dude.

Fitting time- it all depends on how handy you are with a spanner and how well you know your way round a 1.8t.

Use the search bar at the top right as what you are asking has been covered many times, with details on where to buy the products you require and with step by step guides. Ebay is good for the FMIC bits and pieces and site sponsors for the other items.

Cheers for the reply. Have actually read that post about FMIC fitting before just forgot about it. Lol. I'm new to the 1.8t engine and Germans cars altogether. I'm quite handy with the tools as I've worked on a few cars in the past.
I reckon just the FMIC to start then. Hopefully this won't cause any issues with the stage 1 map???
I plan on going hybrid, forge rods etc in the future. But just want some decent cooling for now.

FMIC is easy and you will find the 1.8t a pleasure to work with,that and the 2 litre newer one are very good to tune.