AGU valve and spring option?

Audi S3 freak

Reaction score
Right taking a step back from the poxy cupra (brothers back tomorrow so he can deal with it! Lol) now back on track with the s3. Brothers donating me a agu head for my little s3 so wanted to know a good valve and spring combo. He said cat cams springs and super tech valves? Well at least I think that's what he was going on about? Really should listen more lol. How much are these going to set me back? Or would you lot advise me to use others? The plan is build a top and bottom end that I can't break and then go big turbo in the future. :) cost is a factor as I don't earn endless amounts like some people on here! Lol.
not going to do that just yet as I want to get some use out off the hybrid, mani etc that I foolishly got brand new! But wasn't really chasing power.....well that was the plan anyway. Cheers

If you want a good top end then use Supertech valves and springs... get inconel exhaust valves though as the stainless ones are not designed for turbo charged engines... also get the single grooved valves rather than the triple grove ones... triple grooves are for std springs and collets... supertech titanium retainers that come with the springs are designed to be used with the single groove valves...

This is the same setup I currently have...

You also need to get the valve guides checked out... exhausts normally wear from 60k miles on... inlet wear varies but the exhausts will almost definitely be worn...

<tuffty/>

Ok sounds good. Thanks for that mr tuffty. How much is that lot going to set me back then? What power is that good to run just so I know for when I chase real power! :)

Sounds good. Well if you and bill are running them with no issues I think I may have to follow suit! Cheers tuffty