1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aftermarket xenons regarding a3 sportback

vw754 Dec 3, 2008

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

I noticed ''hid's -direct'' selling xenons and stating not for a3 sportback,so i asked the seller why not the sportback........this is what he sent me...

Hi, they will fit but the problem is with the sportsback all hid's blow the wiper motor, its a common fualt with all HID kit and due to the kick back from the ballast.
    Having said this we know that a relay harness can solve the problem but cannot guarantee it.
    Thanks
    Martin

Just wondering if you guys have had problems with aftermarket hid's in your a3 audi's (especially the sportback)

I had a set fitted to my b6 a4 (without any problems) which i removed when i sold the car and wanted to fit them when i buy my audi a3 next month

2. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

don't see why I thought they had exactly the same light units as the 3 door ?

3. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member VCDS Map User

the wiper motor being blown by HIDs are quite common on the A3 (5dr and 3dr)

TBH, I'd avoid HIDs untill the wiper motor problem is 100% resolved.

I upgraded my bulbs to the brightest ones possible (without fitting HIDs) and they're fine!

If i want more light, i just use the fogs (which hasnt happened yet apart frm that foggy day)

NHN is selling a proper OEM set. The links in this a3 8p section !

4. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

thought that applied to all 8L A3's