1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket warranty ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by Lings, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Lings

Lings Active Member

My aftermarket warranty is up in five days time .I have been flooded with calls from WMS to take out an extended 12 month 4 star cover for £220.it covers the turbo etc but does not cover normal wear and ear ? .Is there any better companies out there cheaper anyone could recommend ?.
    Also These companies are renowned for trying to get out of paying for the work in past experiences i hve simply given up chasing a claim due to paperwork etc.Anyway with this type of car i cannot be taking chances on not covering it .so does anyone have any Opinions please?
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

My delivery driver swears by AA warranty cover, his 160k mile Mondeo was covered, and he made a claim on it for a knackered flywheel and starter motor, he soon sold the car on the advice of the mechanic fixing it. Replaced it with a 180k miler Peugeot 407, drove that for about a month, then the plastic TIP split causing car to go into limp mode, so made another claim with no problems at all. I think he was told he could make upto 5 x £500 claims per year.