1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket stereo, rear speakers and amp very low volume

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Snaithy, May 14, 2013.

1. H_audi

H_audi New Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    Alright thanks Ash, I'll do that.

Where will all the connections go? Is there a guide anywhere on installing this harness?
    Basically my question is, where will the 3 thin wires connect to?
  2. emznjav

emznjav Member

[Jan 12, 2014]
    Ive just bought this:

3G Internet Car GPS HD DVD NAVI for AUDI A3 S3 RDS IPOD Bluetooth TV DVB-T Ready | eBay

The seller recommened to buy a pc9-401 cable because the rear speakers are amplified. My car is 2007 '56' a3 so has the newer double din concert stereo so it must have the quadlock connection. Was wondering whether this is the right cable to use with the above system to get the rear speakers working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. 95ram3

95ram3 Member

[Apr 7, 2014]
    I have just installed an alpine HU into my audi a3 8p. It used to have the single din concert II. After the install, the rear speakers/sub is very low, tried to fade it back but the clarity is not there anymore. Is there anyway I can increase volume and get the overall sound of the car back? or is that only available with the original Factory concert HU ?
  4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Apr 7, 2014]
    What cables did you use to install the stereo? Sounds like you haven't got the right connections as the rears are separately amplified
  5. 95ram3

95ram3 Member

[Apr 7, 2014]
    I used the ctsad003 wire and i can hear that the rears are working but its just not as loud as before and i was wandering if there was anyway to get the OEM sound quality back? I can fade it back but sound is not as good