1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket stereo fitting

Eeef Mar 1, 2005

1. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

Guys, anyone changed the headunit on a new A3 3dr? Looking at the shape of the concert II I think I need some of these

[​IMG]

Am I right?

2. moogie

moogie Member

If I'm not entirely mistaken, I believe that's a pic of the facia adaptor for the older 8L model. The adaptor for the 8P should be in one piece, that's atleast how mine looks like (sorry, don't have a pic right now).

3. richy

richy Member

fella go into audi.. they do one that fits perfect.. is the same colour and is under £4....

probably the only part that is cheap in an audi dealer..

4. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

marvelous, that's just the sort of info I needed. and only £4!!!

5. wilko

wilko Top Gear

6. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

That's where the picture came from. £11.50 as opposed to £4 OEM? No brainer I think.

7. yak

yak Member

Yeah, it's just one piece, and shouldn't cost a lot.

8. gilly35

gilly35 New Member

I used the items in your picture to fit an aftermarket stereo to my girlfriends A3, but it's only a 51 plate. You might need a wiring adaptor too? I had a nightmare sorting the right one-it's got the Bose system-and there are two different leads to chose from-one that uses the standard wiring plugs, or an alternative if you are fitting a head unit with pre outs. Not many of the accessory shops stock them because of the cost (between £40-£60 ) depending where you buy them. Unicar were about the dearest!! Regards. Paul

9. richy

richy Member

as stated above the product ID for audi is there.. and its under £4 and you know you are getting the right product...

The911SC - £5.50 + p&p??

that guys making a nice earner from people who are tooooo lazy to visit their audi dealer..

10. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

Cheers Richy.

11. richy

richy Member

no probs