Aftermarket headunit with DIS control?

gareth60

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of changing my BOSE system in my RS6. I have changed the speakers to 17cm Infiniity reference and going to soon replace the AMP. In intend to use the existing sub as i'm not to worried about lots of base.

My question is the headunit. I have an existing Alpine 93xx something that i've had for years that i'm going to test with and I intend to replace it with a Alpine CDE-104BTi that will works with my iPhone.

I did just read, that there were a handful of units on the market, that will connect to the Audi DIS. If so, does anyone know which ones and are they any good?

Many thanks

. In intend to use the existing sub as i'm not to worried about lots of base

Just read that the standard unit is pretty pants, so might change this as well. As the RS6 Saloon boot is huge, dont think i'll have much problem fitting almost any sub in :yes:

Only Blaupunkt units work with the DIS and they charge about £70 for the adapter, total waste of time, forget about it. Don't compromise the HU on the basis of something so unimportant.

Yes, you're right.

On the subject of HU's, I like the alpine units as I've had them in the past and I like them. I need a unit the will operate a iPhone and charge.

I was looking at the alpine units 104 and 105. The 104 is better spec'd, but I need 3 pre outs for my amp.

Thx again