Aftermarket head unit - volume issues

Cheeks

Reaction score
So ages ago I changed the concert stereo on my A3 to an alpine (wanted Bluetooth and USB)

A few adaptors and YouTube tutorials later it was good to go!

...apart from a really annoying and odd issue. When I get in the car and drive about it seems to be quiet and not much coming from rear/sub and it decides to randomly turn on mid drive and the volume almost doubles front and rear, scares the s*** out of me, every time.

If I then go to audio settings and change the subwoofer volume at all even turn it up, it all goes back to what it's like when I first get in, the rear and sub drop down and so do the fronts.

Audio setup in car is factory boot sub with cd changer. Not bode from what I know (nothing shows the logo)

Have a read through the headunit manual, sounds like it may have some kind of auto volume level feature

Either that or the unit tight have some kind of bug, might be worthing doing some googling on the model number to see if other are experiencing this

I was looking at fitting a double din unit in the in car entertainment section there's a lot of people having the same problem your having might be worth asking them

Thanks man!

Might be getting an S3 instead, car is giving me loads of problems! Might be time for an early upgrade!