1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket Double Din Head unit

jimmy S3 Dec 9, 2008

1. jimmy S3

jimmy S3 Member

I ve seen a double din kenwood sat nav/dvd/cd player and wondered could it be fitted to my S3 with concert stereo, would i have to get a plastic panel to go round it and would the colour match. Or should i just get OE sat nav

2. HODD

HODD Member

I have the kenwood sat nav dvd double din and I had to use the new a3 double din stereo surround and modify it as you cant get one for our model.

3. benr

benr Member

4. HODD

HODD Member

[​IMG]

5. jimmy S3

jimmy S3 Member

thats exactly how i want it, mines the single concert stereo if i move the climate control down will the double din stereo fit in or will i have to get a double din cage, what panel did ya use

6. S£

S£ Member

don't quote me on this but i do belive you can't just move the climate unit down, the one that sits in the middle is a different part no to the one at the bottom. I think it's slightly smaller as the dash curves in at the bottom.

7. HODD

HODD Member

I shaped the air con unit to fit, the single din cage I modified and rivited in the kenwood cage.

8. benr

benr Member

yep, can modify the climatecontrol with something like a dremel.

You can do as HODD has said or you can just get a double din cage but iirc they are about £60.

Very neat install there HODD

9. Ibzzzzz

Ibzzzzz Member

That does look the ****!

10. HODD

HODD Member

For the best finish go for the factory stuff as you can't get it perfect modifiying the new shape a3 surround.

11. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

This is exactly what I was going to do with mine but went for a single din setup instead. I managed to swap my double din cage and climate control unit for a single din setup.

I would have liked to have done the double din replacement and I have an A4 fascia that I started to mod to do it but not really that bothered about sat nav or video so decied to do the single din approach.

Only downside is that I have a double din Symphony 2 unit I can't put back in when I eventually sell the car...

<tuffty/>