1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket clock faces. Fitting...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Markb, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Markb

Markb Active Member

As subject has anyone ever fitted some aftermarket clock faces? Or does anyone know what sort of job they would be to fit?

Cheers Mark.
  2. trevorb33

trevorb33 Member

do you mean like the lockwood dials sort of thing, as my a3 came standard with white dials
  3. imported_Cali

imported_Cali Guest

Never done it on an Audi - used to do it on MKII Golfs a lot - bit findley you have to watch the platic clips the break easily.

Good Luck
  4. Markb

Markb Active Member

Yeah lockwood style ones.

So how do you go about fitting them in general? How do you fit them over the needles? Do you have to remove them?
  5. HTC

HTC Active Member

Personally I thing fitting these faces will cheapen the look of your dash board. I thin kyour dials look fine as they are, but each to there own.

If you have to fit them, it depends on whether they are a stick on or replacement faces.

If you have to remove the needles the best way is to place a couple of credit cards (or normal card) either side of the needle and then lever the underside with a couple of dinner knives.
  6. madvw

madvw Active Member

got to agree that replacement dial faces are horrible. They'll almost certainly not look like an OEM finish, and you'll forever risk your needles dropping off.