1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket CAI? Looking for a replacement engine cover?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Rabbit222, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Rabbit222

Rabbit222 Member

[Aug 1, 2008]
    I know that like me you must hate the fact that your engine bay is exposed ever since fitting the intake. I was checking out AwesomeGTIs Neuspeed-Europe site and found this...

I wonder if this engine cover will work in conjunction with the Forge CAI?

[​IMG][​IMG]

The transverse 2.0T FSI engine in the Audi A3, TT VW EOS, GTI MkV, and VW Jetta V utilize an integral air box / engine cover. As such, when installing the NEUSPEED's P-Flo intake, the original engine cover must be removed.

Designed to compliment the NEUSPEED P-Flo Kit (part # 65.02.65 & 65.10.97), this engine cover is manufactured using 100% carbon fiber to be lightweight and for great looks. Specially machined billet aluminum stand-offs and a stainless strap simply attach to the factory pick-up points for an easy installation - no double-sided adhesive installations here!

The full-cover also features air cooling duct for the coil-packs. Utilizing vacuum bag manufacturing method produces a part that has consistant wall thickness, while avoiding excessive resin build-up.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. sakkie69

sakkie69 2008 Audi S3

[Aug 1, 2008]
    How much does the engine cover cost from Audi here in SA? Some people just buy a second one and dremel it to fit. If you can buy it without the airfilter that will cut cost a lot too.
  4. 4real

4real RS3 Wannabe

[Aug 1, 2008]
    EVOMS do a really good engine cover very cheap and looks the part you can pick one up from regal.....
  5. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

[Aug 1, 2008]
    yeah because the current plastic one is so heavy...............
  6. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

[Aug 1, 2008]
    Not sure I like the look of that - looks like a cheap bin lid. But you're right: I would like an engine cover in there .....
  7. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Aug 1, 2008]

:iagree:
  8. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Aug 1, 2008]
    Think this is the best looking after market engine cover..

Obviously it would have the S3 plastic trim rather than the 2.0t fsi A3 trim..

[​IMG]

Pretty cheap too, think there about £70

Im not bothered about the engine looking ugly, its going to run cooler without an engine cover which can only be a good thing with a tuned car

Jonny