Aftermarket Actuator MORE BOOST MORE POWER?

dela

Reaction score
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010201&product=FMACVAG01

the blurb-
While Forge Motorsport is happy to supply you with an actuator capable of holding boost beyond that of your factory unit we are in no way capable of knowing nor suggesting that your vehicle's engine or related systems are capable of supporting or surviving the stresses of such elevated boost pressure.

so would this give more power? or would it just stress the engine for no point?

Last edited:
Depends on the preload and the spring used... higher preload or stiffer spring will make it harder for the N75 to control the boost properly and will effectively give you more boost... this however isn't recommended as it can and probably will lead to a nasty boost spike while the N75 tries to reign in the boost (made more difficult by the stiffer spring etc of the actuator) resulting in bent rods and other such catastrophic engine failures...

I run a 1 bar actuator on my GT3071r, K04's run a 0.5bar actuator.... I also run over 1.5bar boost pressure (soon to been 1.8bar) and the 1bar actuator is better suited to this kind of boost pressure. Higher boost will generate higher exhaust pressure and this has the affect of forcing the wastegate open if the acutator isn't strong enough or the preload is set wrong... I had this issue with mine and adjusted the preload a bit which gives me the ability to run 1.8bar and hold it....

Forge actuators are good though, Ibiza boys on SCN use them a lot.... not something you want to undertake unless you know what you are doing really...

<tuffty/>

so how do you set them up.is it just a case of taking the old unit off and making the bars the same length so the waste gate is open the same

Last edited:
something i deffinitely wont be attempting by myself then. so are their reasonable safe gains to be had if set up by someone who knows what they're talking about? seems like quite a cheap`part for more possible power

actuator being stiffer will effect the ecu's boost control.
you would fit a stiffer actuator spring to hold the wasetgate shut if its being "pushed" open by manifold pressure.... BUT, you risk the ecu dropping into limp mode when it see's a different actual to request, and flagging a positive deviation code

higher actuator pressure is also mor elikely more spikey boost, hence torque delivery
too much, and say hello to mr rod

ecu asks for its boost.. its electronic controlled.