1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket 2din upgrade a3 s line BOSE

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by arrya3, Feb 3, 2013.

1. arrya3

arrya3 New Member

[Feb 3, 2013]
    hi guys, im looking for some help with my dilemma! ive got a an a3 s line 2008, with a symphony head unit and bose speakers. i really would like to put sat nav in the dash, and ive been offered an aftermarket 2din headunit from a family friend quite cheap. my concern is, and please excuse my lame terminology and lack of ice knowledge.

1. can i do this, is it possible?
    2. will the sound quality suffer because isnt the AMP part of the head unit on the symphony?
    3. can i get a kit to make it all look smart?
    4. would anyone advise a better route? ie an audi satnav plus unit?

thanks in advance,

arron
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Feb 4, 2013]
    Depends on the unit, but its possible to fit others, but all comes down to if you prefer an oem look/style with everything working as per factory intended, some people are anal or just prefer this.

AMP is a seperate unit, can be hooked upto other head units.

TBH nothing beats the fit of oem & all slips into the cars systems as it should.

Cant go wrong with the audi rns-e, its nav is good enough & has sd cards for mp3 along with the ability to add BT later or at same time.

Give me a shout if of interest as I can supply/fit all the audi kit.
  4. PaulAshcroft01

PaulAshcroft01 New Member

[Feb 5, 2013]
    Hi mate,

just joined the forum as I am picking up my new 59 plate A3 at the weekend and wanted some advice on upgrading the stereo to the Audi rns e sat nav unit. I am not not into my cars that much so not sure how it works with retro fitting and activating, etc? I have looked on eBay but am not convinced they are genuine sales????

any help would be much appreciated!
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Feb 5, 2013]
    Welcome Paul.

Send me a PM mate & I can get you hooked up as I supply/fit these systems for members.