After market sunroof??

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, just wonderin anyone know if it's possible to install a sunroof onto ma S3 even though I don't currently have one? I've heard from a few people it's practically impossible due to it messin up the chassis, is this true? or can anyone shed sum light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

You could always get one of those erm, pop up only ones, dealers used to fit in the 1980's. Should get one for £150 all in if you supply the silicone tubes - loverly!

If they can put an electric sunroof on Pimp my Ride, I can't see why it can't be done over here in the UK.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

lol nice one nervus but I don't think I'm going for an 80's look lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif, hey Cage that's exactly what I was thinkin, I mean they won't do it if it's a death trap would they? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Yes you can fit an after market sunroof to your car. I used to fit them for a living.

But don't!

The after market items are rubbish and you'll de-value the car a lot.

Stick with the air-con.

i wouldnt touch a car thats been cut and shut to fit a sunroof

the roof doesnt have the supports in place for one either.

id also sus out your insurer before you do anything, as it is a fairly structural part of the car the roof.

I am not sure why you would want a sunroof. I the car comes with one fair enough but I wouldn't spend money on getting one. Stick with the Aircon. Saying that it is nice to have the sun come through sometime. But then how often we have that in the uk!!

ok guys relax I'm not going to spend money on any old roof, I'm not even that serious (just yet) BUT and this is a big BUT Sunroofs rock and that's the bottom line. I had one in my old 1.8SE and I loved it. I didn't think it'll bother me so much with my new S3 but seeing the sun coming out for the past couple of days has made me wonder and remember the good old times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

lol, which I could have one on the side, but you know what's just a good, a sweet bright yellow EVO FQ300 that's arriving next Tuesday for my cousin. Will post pics, it looks awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

My last car had both sunroof / climate control, was brilliant in summer, the sunroof did the trick for a nice breeze in the evening, miss that..

The only down side to buying my car was the loss of a sunroof, shame!

Also worth considerinig is the reduction on headroom, check it out as it may be an issue for you. Don't know how much less you get in an S/A3 but on other vehicles, the difference can be considerable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

My A3 has aircon and a sunroof. I must admit that its nice just to pull back the roof cover for the extra light even if I'm not opening it up.