After-market DRLs

2008 pre face lift. in the Q7 u can go into one of the VCDS units and change your DRL from bulbs to LED which then helps with the error issue

just re-read your posts... i get what you mean but i have not seen anything like this on VCDS.
come to think of it i cannot remember the mention of LED on VCDS :think:

Now you've started to talk about VAG coding, etc, did I read once that you can have the coding altered so that your rear fog lights ( sportback ) come on, at a reduced brightness, with your brake lights ?

Before I upgraded my rear lights to the MY09 facelift LED units, Rhyso changed the coding on my rear lights to enable the two outer lights to act as brake lights. From factory only the outer most light is used. And enabled the fog light at reduced brightness (24%) to come on with the tail lights. The lens is different on the fog light so this should only be used at full brightness for the use as a fog light.

My car though is a 06 build car so this may not be able to be coded on a 04 build car....

I've adjusted the brightness to about 25% and they look no brighter than new cars with DRLS

IMG_2397.jpg

So how do you adjust the brightness via VAGCOM?

Anyone got a screenshot of how to do it?

So how do you adjust the brightness via VAGCOM?

Anyone got a screenshot of how to do it?

Within module 09 Central Electronics; go into Coding and Long Coding Helper and scroll through the bytes. It's one of the last bytes; its along the lines of Front fog Dimming?? Its set at 98%; change it to 25% and code :)

Fogs will continue to work as normal when you want them though :)

Don't get hung up on what the light is called. Pre facelift S3 and B7 RS4 ran their high beam units as drl but at a lower brightness from the factory. All legal....

Yes but the lenses on these lights are clearly different to those on models where the lights serve only as high beam units to produce a different beam pattern. It's not just about absolute brightness when it comes to dazzling other drivers but about the pattern of light thrown forward.