After market cd player

CraigRE

Reaction score
Installing an aftermarket cd player that i used in my golf

I ordered all the wirering kit from ebay and asked all the relevent questions in order i got the correct kit

This is my cd player now
Collage 2015 11 05 07 43 05
Collage 2015 11 05 07 45 53
and this is the old set up/ steering wheel buttons etc

These are the only cables i have from the car...noting for me to connect up to the steering wheel
20151122 112345

20151122 112757
these are the new cables i bought black box is meant to connect up to the steering wheel...but i cant as there are no other cables from the car?
Any ideas?

Cheers

1448194808123 1257423938
should look something like this when fully fitted ..obviously with the cage and a fascia clip on it lol

you shouldnt of needed anything extra as should all be in the quad block have you turned it all on to see what happens ie controls work not work ?

No i didnt
As i tried with my normal leeds last week and they didnt work
So i bought this kit and seen there was another leed coming off to connect to the block so i thought this would need connecting up

The whole unit doesnt even seem to fit in the gap either
I.e cage wont fit in...no luck with stuff me lol

The black box should be a pass-through for the canbus signals as this is how the mfsw controls are sent to the radio.

It should fit fine & probably have a surrounding trim kit for the B6/7 console.

If you're not confident to fit, then maybe we can do this for you.

Martin that is slightly different to mine as mine has not got a twisty knob for volume etc

Thanks for the reply NHN
Its not todo with my confidence as i fitted the same unit into my mk5 golf with ease
(I never had steering wheel buttons so connecting up was straight plug and play)
But it still fitted right in non the less

Fitting it to my audi is another story lol
That black box is connected to my head unit with 7 holes on one side....and on the other side it has 6....with no other cable to connect up to?

And like ive said the cage i got with the kit doesnt even seem to fit in

Collage 2015 12 30 18 22 00
i eventuly got around to doing it
Well happy with it

Rear speakers work ok?
Fitted a aftermarket to mine and mine is rear amped non Bose and all I get is cracklingnoise
I think I need to do a remote wire for sub