after market cd changers?

Slammer

Reaction score
I bought this unit ( Sony CDX-757MX cd/mp3 changer)and I was wondering if it would fit on the standard mounting bracket in my MY 2003 A3?
If not, what would my mounting options be?

Don't think it will fit in the OE brackets, but another option i've done is to stick some velcro on the bottom of the changer and some on the top of the sub in the rear access panel and slot it in there. Don't know about you but if someone is going to nick it i'd rather they pulled at the velcro than ripped the sub to bits doing it, cos lets face it if they want it, THEY WANT IT!

I got my sticky velcro from Halfords, i think it was about £2

Good luck

Lewy

I forgot to mention, it is a 10 disc cd-changer

U shouldnt have any problem mounting that on top of your sub. I managed to sqeeze a 12 disc changer in there and used brackets to secure it with too. The changer is mounted slightly off the sub to stop any 'direct' vibrations going through it.

The room on top of the sub is not the issue. I was wondering if I could squeeze the changer where the Audi one was mounted (on the samne bracket).
Also, is there any way to install it in my glove box?

[ QUOTE ]
Slammer said:
The room on top of the sub is not the issue. I was wondering if I could squeeze the changer where the Audi one was mounted (on the samne bracket).
Also, is there any way to install it in my glove box?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not without hackin up the inside of it... which is guaranteed to create really irritating rattles.

Rich

I guess you could modify the existing bracket by drilling more holes into it to match the holes on the new changer? Or perhaps even add some of your own brackets to it that will extend to accommodate the larger changer. All it needs is some persistence mate! Thats what I did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As far as the glove compartment is concerned I don't know exactly how much clearance there is behind the back edge but the interior would need cutting and obviously re-finishing with a new lining, so thats going to cost a bit more time and money! Depends on how much you use your glove compartment too! I decided to put mine where the old one went (only 6 discs though!)

P.S. The A3 glovebox is tiny compared to that on the Golf - my cousin installed his changer in there on a Mk3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I think i could mount the changer at a at a 90 degree tilting angle in the glovebox. I never use the glovebox anyway...