1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

afn tdi boost leak i think please help

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by pirate, Jul 24, 2011.

1. pirate

pirate Member

[Jul 24, 2011]
    got boost in low gears but under load and up hill boost guage flapping and no pull

can hear turbo tho

where should i check as i have tried to find it but cant

my friend said when he first heard the car it has a boost leek

today was the first time on the motorway nothing there in 5th 4th

can hear the filter sucking but just dosnt have any go

struggles to do over 60 and have to drop it up hill

any help verry apreciated thanks dan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

[Jul 25, 2011]
    Egr valve perhaps ??
  4. tjg04

tjg04 New Member

[Jul 25, 2011]
    Just check all of the hoses from turbo to inlet manifold. Likely to be one of the larger diameter rubber hoses going to-from the intercooler, or the 's' shaped one from the turbo to the metal pipe that runs with the bumper. Sounds like a split that only opens up at higher boost pressures, so you might have to take each pipe out and properly examine it. Failing that replace all of the jubliee clips as one of these could be dodgy. I had a problem with mine going into limp mode becuase of a boost leak that I couldn't find. I made a crappy low pressure boost leak tester using two jubliee clips, an old bicycle inner tube and my bike pump. Won't find high pressure only leaks, but found a pinhole leak in my MAP sensor pipe that was causing my issue.
  5. pirate

pirate Member

[Jul 25, 2011]
    many thanks and i have blanked the egr will be stripping all pipes tomorro to check for leaks and replacing any im unsure about i have blanked the egr but there is a slight leak of oil form the egr plate nearest the turbo but there is a gasket in there and its rely rigged up , also im unsure if the boost guage t piece is on the correct hose under the bonnet can sum one advise which hose it should be in thanks dan
  6. pirate

pirate Member

[Jul 25, 2011]
    like u said yep just sometimes it goes lame when car gets warm mostly or is given a bit of stick but sometimes it feels good and like its fully boosting very wierd