1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aero Wipers ?

mattyboy199 Dec 11, 2005

1. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Well-Known Member

Seen these about approx 80 quid, but whats the benefits/difference ?

I have an S3.

Thanks

Matt

2. Vman

Vman Member

I haven't found any difference. Apart from the look cool. Definately worth the purchase though.

3. Vman

Vman Member

I should have said they look cool.

4. Markb

Markb Active Member

Stay down at high speed and look cool.

5. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

My standard wipers stay down at well over the national speed limit and I personally don't think they look any better (maybe worse), but each to there own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

and quiter

7. Hazelwood

Hazelwood Baz A3 T Sport

I've had the aero wipers m on my T Sport for a couple of months now and think they are far superior to the old ones. Also the blades are so easy to fit to the arms unlike the fiddly clips on the standard ones.

8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

They offer an even sweep over the windscreen due to the way they work, where the standard items seems streaky sometimes, but I havn't used mine enough for them to wear down enough, so can't comment on durability. Annoying thing is, when the screen has just been cleaned or a RainX added to the screen, the Aero items judder accross the screen, this is the same for my Passat aswell, cos I bought a set for that car aswell... overall though, they are superior and better looking than the normal wipers imo.

9. Agree with Jojo - Aero wipers great at any speed, but forget about using rainX! They REALLY dont like it!

10. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've heard that its rainx that causes the juddering..

11. imported_gek

imported_gek Guest

What's the best thing to cure the judder? My aeros are driving me mad!
    I have it valeted, so not too sure what the screen is cleaned with.

12. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[ QUOTE ]
    What's the best thing to cure the judder? My aeros are driving me mad!

[/ QUOTE ]

put the real wipers back on (mine work fine)... la la la la la la la... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

13. Markb

Markb Active Member

Ah that's why mine judder then! I didn't realise that is was the RainX that was doing it.

Any cure for it then? As I don't want to stop using RainX

14. recomdos

recomdos Active Member

I find they judder a bit without RainX. Sometimes mine want to 'stick' when the cycle has finished - so they stay up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

...perhaps slighlty slackening the tension on the nuts will reduce juddering a bit?

Rob

15. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I don't use RainX, so no judder from my wipers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, just the feedback from others who have Aero wipers.

16. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

Get the judder occasionally; try wiping the blade tip down in RainX.

17. mattyboy199

so any pics then for comparison

18. jojo

Here are pics fitted
    Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

19. Since I stopped using RainX i never get any judder at all - and they are still the best wipers Ive ever had!

Autoglym glass polish doesnt seem to cause the judder..

I tried lots of things to get RainX off, even vinegar, after about 10 days it had worn away sufficiently..

hth

20. seen the rac ad it says use vinegar ???

21. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

yup, but they also say that a cracked windscreen stops your airbags working and that putting petrol into your diesel engine costs 3K to sort.

22. and that when your car wont start you need a new battery :p

23. mattyboy199

to be honest i think the standard wipers are fine & for the cost & the actual difference looks / performance wise i dont think its worth it but of course each to there own.

24. jojo

Did I forget to mention they are worth 10BHP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

25. mattyboy199

haha yeah i m sure hence the name Aero as in dynamics