Advise on Buying: A3 T FSi 2.0 SE S Line Quattro 06 Plate

sh4q

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice.

I am looking to buy a A3 T FSi 2.0 SE S Line Quattro 06 Plate, 50k miles. I am wondering what kind of service is due for a 50k miles on this car and what kind of faults will you expect?
Also is there anything particular to look out for on these cars?

Shaq

Hi mate,

Hope you find a nice one, i got mine in december and loving it.

It should really have had 2 services by now and a haldex service for the quattro, mine had the 2 service but no haldex fortunately I purchased from a dealer and got them to do it before i agreed to buy.

Also test all the extras on the car, give the aircon a good blow out for at least 10mins on its coldest settings and check it still blows cold, check cd changer in glove box loads ejects plays etc, also ask if the car has ever been chipped.

Thanks for the reply mate,

I going tomorrow to view the car, the guy did tell me that thers a service due on it. Any idea whats the cost like on this service? Anything else to look out for?
When is the cam belt needs replacing on this?

Also what the running cost on it? I don't drive motorway alot, prob 4-5 times a month but mostly it will be town/dual carriage way.

Best thing to to is call for reg and chassis number, you can then call a dealer and find what spec was on the car when built and while you have the dealer on the phone check when the car was serviced and also the servicing costs and recommended cam belt change mileage.

I get between 25-30mpg doing the same journeys as you.