Advice

Ash B

Reaction score
Hi all

Having few problems with the car. So hoping some of you may be able to to answer my questions.

1. I've noticed in 2nd gear about 25mph-40mph the car judderings and its not like a little judder its really noticable. But a few times its done it all the way up to 60mph and in 4th gear. Car been plugged into vagcom no faults bought up. Could it be the spark plugs?

2. When in idle the car revs up to 1,000 there no aircon or any other devices. But the last week its actually rev'ed over 1,000 and its really annoying as i'll be sitting in traffic or just waiting for some one and can here my car.

3. Oil Warning Lights keeps going on and off. I've checked oil level once the car cooled down (left the car over night) and level over half.
Staz was kind enough at ADI to plug my car into vag and see what fault codes were bought up. But none came up regarding the engine or any thing like that, just to do with my rear speaker.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ashley

1) Try some injector cleaner with some Vpower - injectors could be dirty.. Are they're any flat spots or excess hesistation? If that doesnt cure it, next step would be the fuel filter if its not been done. If the plugs havent been done, maybe worth doing them too but injector cleaner is the cheapest way to see and then keep trying the next cheapest thing. But is it engine judder though? Or could it be the clutch?

2) As it gets colder, the car can idle or hold the revs higher for longer - was the car fully warmed up when it did this? The prob could be a temp sender unit - around £25 from Audi and wont necessarily show up as a fault on vagcom.

3) Always try and keep you oil level at max (not above) but it could be the oil pressure or level sensor.

HTH

Hi Kaz

Wheres the best place to get injector cleaner Kaz? Nope no flat spots or hesistation it dont always happen its now and then. Fuel filter and spark plugs are being replaced friday when the car at audi. 100% not the clutch, i'd know if it was that becayse it went back in june had that replaced end of september.

Nope its when the car been fully warmed up. When i first noticed it i had been driving for a good 15 or so miles and i was stationary outside my house. But it also done it saturday and sunday while i was in traffic and i'd driven from one side of cardiff to the other so car should of warmed up by then. As you said i'll get that part fit it and see how i get on. Thanks for that.

I've topped up my oil so its about 1mm from full. I think its a faulty sensor aswell as the car been doing it since a few days before ADI. I'll get that replaced aswell.

Thanks for the advice Kaz appreciated the help

1) Try some injector cleaner with some Vpower - injectors could be dirty.. Are they're any flat spots or excess hesistation? If that doesnt cure it, next step would be the fuel filter if its not been done. If the plugs havent been done, maybe worth doing them too but injector cleaner is the cheapest way to see and then keep trying the next cheapest thing. But is it engine judder though? Or could it be the clutch?

2) As it gets colder, the car can idle or hold the revs higher for longer - was the car fully warmed up when it did this? The prob could be a temp sender unit - around £25 from Audi and wont necessarily show up as a fault on vagcom.

3) Always try and keep you oil level at max (not above) but it could be the oil pressure or level sensor.

HTH

Hope you get to the bottom of this ash let us know

Good luck mate

Hi what engine have you got in to tho redex and a tank of V-power can't hurt that fuel is awesome

Hi Kaz

Wheres the best place to get injector cleaner Kaz? Nope no flat spots or hesistation it dont always happen its now and then. Fuel filter and spark plugs are being replaced friday when the car at audi. 100% not the clutch, i'd know if it was that becayse it went back in june had that replaced end of september.

Nope its when the car been fully warmed up. When i first noticed it i had been driving for a good 15 or so miles and i was stationary outside my house. But it also done it saturday and sunday while i was in traffic and i'd driven from one side of cardiff to the other so car should of warmed up by then. As you said i'll get that part fit it and see how i get on. Thanks for that.

I've topped up my oil so its about 1mm from full. I think its a faulty sensor aswell as the car been doing it since a few days before ADI. I'll get that replaced aswell.

Thanks for the advice Kaz appreciated the help

Any local car shop for some injector cleaner - i used some redex in the type r and the car feels so much smoother to when i got it! They say 1/2 a bottle to a tank - i just shove it the full bottle to a tank and that seems to do the trick!

I think it may be the temp sender on the second issue but not 100% - may be worth a shot as they're pretty cheap but see if plugs and fuel filter make a diff. Also, is the air filter clean?

Last ones prob the oil sensor :D

Glad i could help matey!