1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice wanted on new exhaust

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by FatLad, May 15, 2006.

1. FatLad

FatLad Member

Want to fit a new exhaust and thinking of plumping for the Supersprint Race exhaust (single pipe exit) with unsilenced centre section or silenced optional fitment, not decided yet. I have been told the diameter of the exhaust tubing is 2.75 inches.

I currently have a Milltek high flow cat which is of 2.5 inch diameter hence I'm needing someone to supply a sleeve to marry the two up and fit the exhaust for me. Has anyone had to have something similar to this done and/or can recommend a reputable company who would be willing to do this ? I would be interested to hear from anyone with this exhaust, being described as a race application I'm wondering whether it may be too loud ?
  2. imported_glen_jai

imported_glen_jai Guest

The answer to your question is "Yes", it will be too loud. I asked the manufacturers the same question in Italy, and they said that it would be too loud for the road, and would be very very droney at cruise speeds.

Therefore I went for the street system, which sounds sweet under load without too much drone.
  3. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

The Supersprint road system sounds peachy. Just right.

Ryanc has the race version, and I've heard people say it's real loud.

Have a look at this
  4. mazzy

mazzy Member

Where i work, we can build you a system to suit, www.mijperformance.com Have a look at a recent post by Rob. Just did that system on Saturday.

Let me know what you think?

Oh and Rob, if your reading this give us some feedback please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  5. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

They will be able to sort you out FatLad. I drove from Kent to get it done and it was well worth it.

Have a look at some of the cars on their website if you need convincing. Check out the Skyline!