1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Required - Vag Com Log

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sideways steve, Jan 30, 2012.

1. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Jan 30, 2012]
    Evening folks, I finally got around to logging the S3 as I have been feeling that its not been performing as it should.

No codes logged at all however I think this log looks a bit odd ? Im suspicious of the boost pressures requested and achieved as well as the airflow. Im calculating that its running around 189bhp ish so down on power ?

Car is stock, stock map but does have 3" DP and sport cat.

Let me know your thoughts please, does this log look ok to you ? I started the run in 3rd gear from 1000 rpm roughly and held it until the red line before shifting to 4th briefly then backing off.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

4. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Jan 30, 2012]
    According to what I am seeing I'm making 0.9 bar of boost when idling ? that doesn't sound right to me, nor does 1.7 bar when on boost ? Airflow's look low too ?
  5. StaceyS3

StaceyS3 Well-Known Member

[Jan 30, 2012]
    It takes into account atmospheric pressure which is 1 bar +- a little bit depending on where you are so just subtract 1 bar to give you boost pressure ;)
  6. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Jan 30, 2012]
    I was going to say ! LOL so the VCDS log shows absolute pressure rather than gauge, that makes more sense however still doesn't explain my low airflow's
  7. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Jan 31, 2012]
    requested boost is'nt being met... close but not getting quote there.
    check for usual leaks
  8. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Jan 31, 2012]
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for your input, I will get under there tonight when I get home and have a poke about. I assume by the usual leaks you mean all the vac pipes etc around the TIP ?

I am also planning to buy one of your TIP kits in the near future but I want to get everything running as it should in stock trim before going down that route to ensure I get the most out of any mods I do.

I assume if i resolve why the boost is not meeting the requested duty then I should see my airflow rise accordingly and find the missing 20bhp ?

I have actually noticed a slight whistle when under boost which I always thought was the tinny downpipe but now I am suspicious that it may indeed be a leak around that area.

Could it be a weak actuator or is it more likely to be a leak ? Does anyone have a log file they can post from a car known to be running well that I can take a look at ? On the VCDS log how close to the requested value will the actual get ? are we talking within a few psi or almost bang on ?
  9. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Jan 31, 2012]
    actuator test is disconnect n75 electrically and go see what boost it holds.. Typically 5psi rising to 8psi on some as a guide
  10. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Feb 1, 2012]
    Cheers,

didnt get a chance to look last night but hopefully will get time either today or failing that it will be the weekend.

Its just too cold outside lol !