Advice Please!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So i was out and about last night with my mate, we parked up for half and hour and when it was time togo, key in engine turn once power up turn again engine on, went to go into reverse to find no rev's, the engine had cut out, so everything off and try again, when i started it again it started chokeing then shot up to 1500rpm then back to 900rpm and bounced up and down 100rpm then was fine! ran the car all night and all day today and it hasnt come back all though the car is now idling at 1100rpm instead of its usual 900rpm, any ideas? Dont know if its worth mentioning but the car had 1/4 tank of super unleaded in and i filled the rest up with normal unleaded last night.

Cheers Dan

Its not beyond possibility it doesnt like the combination of fuels, is it mapped?

Thats what i thought but wasnt too sure, dont think it is.

Fuel wouldnt have that effect even if it was mapped, sounds like a sensor issue to me

Its been known to have side effects tbh on some maps if you mix the fuel if its been coded for better fuel, like say revo dongle sets for different fuels & you mix them about, not unknown mate.

But isnt there an idling sensor on the 8L as I do remember someone saying to me once when I had my S3

Sounds like maybe a vcds check needed for any logs, check stickies for local boys to you who would do a check, if near me I'd happily do for you mate.

cheers lads. The only reason im saying i dont know if its mapped or not is because the garage i bought it from didnt have aclue!

Im in south yorkshire NHN where abouts are you?

Ah nowhere near but there are many guys who are your end of country mate, just check the sticky for vagcom users & I'm sure someone would be happy to check for you.

i know pal i checked early, was going to ask aspen but i think his system only does 2004 onwards models

Try kontraband, i think he is up your way and maybe able to help.