1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Leo786, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Leo786

Leo786 New Member

[Jan 14, 2014]
    Hi guy's
    I'm after advice please i have a A4 B6 2002 and whilst driving along a road I hit a pot hole front drivers side wheel, immediately after that it seemed that something broken as the engine noise changed and sounded as if the exhaust had fallen off and also whilst on idle the vibration on the car is immense

I took to a local garage and a quick look by the mechanic who informed me that the cat which goes into the manifold was leaking with mechanical background the worm went ahead after collection the car still sounds the same vibration, engine noise as if the exhaust is broken and also when I change gears air is releasing from somewhere as if I've got a dump valve fitted which I haven't.

Any advice to what I should look out for will be appreciated as garages charge but do not confirm that this the exact problem.

Thank You
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 29, 2015]

3. IanFM

IanFM Active Member

[Jan 14, 2014]
    Hi it might help if you give us a bit more info like what engine you have?
  4. Leo786

Leo786 New Member

[Jan 14, 2014]
    Hi Ian it's a 1.9tdi Sport
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  5. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro! VCDS Map User

[Jan 14, 2014]
    Check all inlet pipes and exhaust system for any loose connections or holes.