1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice/opinions FK automotive mesh style grill

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RS3dan, Apr 29, 2014.

1. RS3dan

RS3dan Member

Hey guys,

I wondered if any of you had an particular experience or opinions on something like the below;

FK Blackout Mesh Grille with Logo Holder - A3 8P 05-> - Grills - Styling - Parts | Awesome GTI

now I know a lot of you lads are all about OEM and to be honest so am I, but the S3 grill doesn't look a whole lot different IMO so I'd quite like the mesh style for my 8P2.. But from what I've seen an OEM under 300 is an extremely rare find (if even possible?) so I think that's probably out of my range for now :(

does anyone have any thoughts on the one in the link? Are they particularly rough in the flesh as I don't think it looks too bad in the picture lol (cue the abuse haha!) the mesh looks so much more aggressive which if course suits my weak 1.6 haha! But it's a starting point!

on another note if I've got it all wrong and an OEM mesh isn't as expensive as I've rarely seen is love some pointers!

cheers all,

Dan

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

RS3dan likes this.
  4. lozhoon

lozhoon New Member

Looks cool. Let us know how it looks an how easy it is to fit. 😜

5. RS3dan

RS3dan Member

Cheers! Was looking at the bay not sure how I missed that one! Looks pretty much identical.. The only reservation I have with eBay versus an actual company is quality I suppose..

Sure will Lozhoon!

6. y2kcurran

y2kcurran Member

Here's a pic of mine with that exact Ebay grill:

[​IMG]

To be honest i'm VERY happy with it for the price. The quality is fine and still looks fresh after six months. It takes a bit of work switching the grills over if you have never done it before but afterwards it totally transforms the look of the car so completely worth it!

[​IMG]

(eyelids are now GONE!) One thing to watch for is that this grill attaches with screws (which didn't come with) and the original has just stubborn plastic clips so have a bunch of screws at the ready, I can't remember what size you need though because it was near midnight when I realised this and had to faff about finding anything that would do!

7. GGG_666

GGG_666 Black it out!

4052.jpg

I like them, here's my de-badged version

8. RS3dan

RS3dan Member

Cheers guys, glad to see some others have use them and happy with it! I think I might go with the one from eBay as it doesn't have the beams running across, and has a removable badge holder so I can decide which I prefer! Wish mine was black now haha!

Were they a straight fit or did they require any slight re shaping/drilling?

9. GGG_666

GGG_666 Black it out!

Straight fit man, it's easy once you spent 4 days looking for all of the screws to get the bumper off :p

RS3dan likes this.
  10. MattKeating

MattKeating Member

I'm tempted to buy one and spray it matt silver, for my lava grey car.

RS3dan likes this.