1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice On The Following Spec For A 184bp 2.0 Tdi S Tronic Quattro A3 Sportback Please

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by G&T, Aug 17, 2014.

1. G&T

G&T New Member

[Aug 17, 2014]
    Hi there,

After a lot of research and test driving both the A3, Q3 and Seat Leon Estate (curved ball just to check that it's worth paying the extra for an Audi), I have opted for the following spec on a PCP contract. As my local dealership did not have the spec for me to try out I would appreciate user reviews on any of them - i.e. do they use them etc. The Audi configurator code is ACK93T45 if you're really interested :).

I have a manual 2009 Audi TT TDI 1.9 which I love but as I'm going to have a my first child it's time to get a family friendly car….

PCG Adaptive cruise control (ACC) PG3 Advanced key
    PCB Audi active lane assist
    7X5 Audi Parking System Plus with park assist
    9ZE Audi Phone Box
    PU7 Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with light and rain sensor package
    6XK Door mirrors – auto-dimming on the driver's side, electrically adjustable, folding and heated
    3L5 Electrically-adjustable front seats
    7P1 Electric lumbar support
    4A3 Heated front seats
    UH2 Hold assist
    PG1 LED light package
    9JA Non-smoking package
    6SJ Reversible load floor mat
    QE1 Storage and luggage compartment package
    WB4 Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi Connect

Finally I compromised (!) by going for the standard Rally cloth seats but wondered how the silver Alcantara holds up to family life.

Many thanks for your time,
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. sliced

sliced Drive safe, stay alive.

[Aug 18, 2014]
    This should be in the 8V Section bud, hopefully a Mod should pop up shortly to move it across
  4. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 18, 2014]
    Done.
  5. Longy

Longy Active Member

[Aug 18, 2014]
    Have you done the maths for the A3 Quattro vs the base S3?

I went down the same path, got quote for an A3 Quattro with all the options I wanted (basically what was a standard inclusion on an S3), the price came out at $56k vs $60k for the S3 SB.

So in the end, S3 it was, due to how similar the price was, and most likely the "regret" of not going down the S3 path later on would constantly come up when ever you see an S3 go by.
  6. Pulp84

Pulp84 Well-Known Member

[Aug 18, 2014]
    That's a good spec - only option which to me looked a waste of money is 6SJ (reversible floor mat). In practice doesn't work that great and not easy to live with.

Good comment about the S3. When I went to my Audi dealership in January of this year to buy an S3, the dealer only had the 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Tronic to take out. It was such as impressive car I did think to myself maybe this was the better car and I could save some money over an S3.

On PCP when specced similar, it made more sense to go down the S3 route. The GFV was higher meaning monthly payments were similar BUT crucially the deposit I had to put in was lower.

It maybe you need to do lots of long journeys etc and therefore you have made the right choice!
  7. glospete

glospete Active Member

[Aug 18, 2014]
    Just my two pennyworth:

ACC - definitely go for this.
    Active Lane Assist - useful but best part is the included Traffic Sign Recognition
    Parking System Plus with Park Assist - park assist is fun but I'm not sure how many times I'll use mine
    Audi Phone Box - I couldn't see the benefit. Mobile phone works perfectly in the central arm rest box
    Door mirrors - you are paying over £100 for the auto-dimming feature!
    Electric Seats - do you realise that there is no memory to them?
    Reversible Load Mat - I wish I hadn't bothered as it is designed to fit over the area when the seats are folded so it sits folded in a bit of a mess when they're up. Since getting mine I've got the Carbox boot liner from www.roofbox.co.uk
    http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?query=8081&emulate=carbox&vptype=565512
    Really pleased but need to bear in mind that the photos show a rubber mat which fits with poppers over the liner and protects the bumper but this is not included and is £20 extra but worth it IMO.
    Tech pack with Connect - great option as Google Earth maps etc are great.

You haven't specced any sound upgrade. I went for the Audi Sound System and am really pleased with it, but there's plenty of owners who swear by (and at, with crackling!) the B&O option.

Hope this helps.

EDIT
    Oh and if you can stretch to it go for the 7HE Extended Monopur interior finish - it puts faux leather in lots of places inside and makes the interior so much better than standard. For £295 (I think) it is a bargain.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Pulp84 likes this.
  8. arad85

arad85 Active Member

[Aug 18, 2014]
    You should spec. a better sound system than standard IMHO. Also agree about the lane assist/mat/mirrors/electric seats and think the money is spent better elsewhere. I assume you have spec.'d the comfort package. Would also go for the Alcantara seats. ACC is brilliant!

S3/TDI choice is a good question depending on mileage.
  9. steeve

steeve Active Member

[Aug 18, 2014]
    For me I'd forgo some of the options and get an S3. Cars should all be about the driving. Whilst I understand the fuel consumption bit ( had an 8V 184 TDi) its offset a little by the fact petrol is cheaper than diesel.

But it's your choice, but just get a test drive in an S3 as you'll always think "I could have had an S3" if you don't.