Advice on slip ring to retrofit MFSW to B7

jaybv6

Reaction score
Hi all. Just need a bit of advice, posted this in the retrofit section but had no response. Thought I'd try here as its more B7 related.

I've already got an original DTM MFSW and the correct airbag loom. However what I am struggling with is finding a decent slip ring. Can anyone confirm if I can use 8E0 953 541 D on my B7 DTM. I already have the correct module for the slip ring to plug into (Have cruise and full DIS). Any advice or confirmation would be appreciated before I buy this item.

Thanks for that. That's the part number I had but not liking the costs so was looking for alternatives. I'll keep in searching for the correct part.

Mark. Not from anyone here. In my case I only found the source of the issue when fitting someone else's cruise control. I noticed on the friends car that it was quite some effort to remove the slip ring. However mine came out quite easily. Same was found for refitting. Mine went in far too easily. So when I checked mine the plug for the slip ring was not connected. I reconnected it, cleared the codes and all was good.

Are you having an issue?