1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on selling our 1.8T Quattro Sport 163

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by busboyt2, Sep 24, 2009.

1. busboyt2

busboyt2 New Member

Gutted I'm going to have to sell my B6 as we need a bigger car. Obviously I will put an ad on this forum but where else is best to advertise our car? It's a 03 (2003) car.

Thanks

Patrick

:sob:
  2. golf

golf ***** rent boy

AutoTrader, seriously just get it over with. Is there even any point advertising on the classifieds here?

Make sure you get some decent pictures of various angles and that the car is presentable. Don't try and sund overly desperate to get-rid in the ad description. I've sold all my cars on AutoTrader within two weeks to the first buyer, their audience is by far the biggest.
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

There's nothing to be lost from advertising on here, although I have to say I very rarely ever look on here! maybe I would if I was looking though ....

I would second Auto Trader, and also Pistonheads seems very popular these days.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Autotrader is expensive, and if you price the car wrong you're probably just throwing your money away. You need to do some research as to what these actually sell for, and that doesnt mean looking at other autotrader adverts.

Pistonheads is quite popular and i think its free, which is always a bonus.

Then theres ebay. I've sold a few motors on there, and it was fine. I think peoples biggest fear is the car wont sell for what they want for it. This is usually because their expectations of what the cars worth, and what the current market is willing to pay for it, are vastly different. Obviously there are the reserve functions to ensure it doesnt go for less than you want, but the way i see it, if your advert is top notch, and its finishing at the peak times, the car will sell for its best price even with no reserve. So again, setting a reserve is only really for people who think their 6grand car is worth 8. A quick scan of the completed listings will show you what your particular model is likely to sell for, as well as showing up tonnes of muppets setting mental reserves on their old motors. Best of all with ebay, the auction runs for 7 or 10 days, then ends, and thats it sold. Ok sometimes you end up with a muppet of a buyer, but most of the time, the guy will turn up, pay his money and off he goes. No messing around with tonnes of people looking and making stupid offers, no people phoning up and never turning up etc.