Advice on retro fitting Parking sensors

Gazthesparky

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey

Someone us bumped into the rear of my car and drove off. Just a bit of paint damage so I have to get the rear bumper re sprayed but enough about that I'm gutted they drove off and didn't leave details

So I'm now thinking of retro fitting parking sensors into the bumper as it needs a re spray

Couple of questions

I'm not sure about the Audi retrofit ones I fancy getting the bits and pieces off of eBay and wiring in the factory ones

Couple of questions for the moment I'm sure I'll have more as I go

1. if I buy second hand sensors that are a different colour is it easy enough/ ok to have them resprayed ?

Do u just rub the surface paint off and fit them into the bumper and they respray over the top or does this corrupt the sensor ?

2. are the 4 rear sensors the same part numbers or are they different numbers for the different positions

3. in the future I might do the fronts as well so are the modules different or can I buy a front and rear module now and wire just the rears in and code it with just rear sensors. Or is it a case of swapping modules over in the future should I want to do the front as well?