Advice On Replacing Concert + Bose + Mfsw With New Head Unit

Garfybeds

Reaction score
Can anyone point me towards a post that details how to replace a headunit on my A3 8P 05. It has BOSE, old Satnav (not worried if I lose this), Audi bluetooth unit (retrofitted) and MFSW fitted. I am aiming to get a unit that has bluetooth input, can use the existing microphone, I might have to lose the old style satnav, and will still use the MFSW controls. Note - I have a single DIN installation

Last edited:
Very few/No aftermarket units will use the OE mic (I've never seen one). Save from making an adapter, as most aftermarkets are 2.5 or 3.5mm jack. However most will allow for the use of the MFSW using an adapter from autoleads or similar. There is a vast choice now of units that offer bluetooth/ipod/usb/aux/dvd etc so depends on budget/specs that you have and want.

I would like to re-open this post as the interest in replacing my Concert head unit has reared its head again. As mentioned, I would like to replace my Concert head unit - it has a BOSE system, MFSW, Bluetooth, and old style sat nav (never use).

Is there a guide to installing a replacement head unit in this scenario ? If so, can someone point me in the right direction ? Alternatively, can someone recommend a company in the area of North London/Milton Keynes zone that might be able to help.

I want to be able to continue to use the MFSW to control the new unit, I don't mind if the Audi bluetooth unit is substituted by bluetooth in the head unit (I can sell on the Audi bluetooth unit), there seems to be a question as to whether the Audi installed microphone can continue to be used or whether I will need to mount a replacement microphone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try a message to ash187 he is site sponsor and does retrofit
@Ash187