1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on new pads and discs for the front of my car!?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by CorrDogg58, Aug 29, 2012.

1. CorrDogg58

CorrDogg58 Member

Just wondering what is the best option... And are drilled and grooved discs worth it, or just for looks?
  2. CorrDogg58

CorrDogg58 Member

I need new one's as my disc has been engraved, from the pad being put on back to front haaa oops
  3. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

If you buy a decent big brake kit from Brembo,AP,Alcon or VWRACING then you'll get something worthwhile but upgrades like that will cost in the region of £1800-2000.

It's arguable if pads and cheaper discs are really worth it.
  4. Ads_AudiA3

Ads_AudiA3 Member

Don't bother with drilled and grooved and sparkly discs unless your putting serious power through the wheels. Discs are discs. Go to Euro Car parts and get a set of pagid (OEM manufactur for Audi) and with their summer sale of 30% off it's a bargain. Just bought a set of rear discs and pads for £50, TPS wanted £130!!!!

If you want to upgrade then upgrade discs and fluid, will give you much better bang for buck. Grooved and/or drilled discs are for weight saving / heat reduction. Like I say, without serious power and serious hard repeated braking, standard discs will be fine.