Advice On MODs

Mashed

Reaction score
Iv Got An A4 B6 1.8T, Its Had A Re-Map, Which The Guys Say Is Running At 212bhp Now. But Its Still Not Quick Enough.
What Else Can Be Done.
Iv Heard Alot About How Air Filters Are Screwing Up The Air Mass Senser, But Iv Been Told Thats My Next Step To Getting More Out Of It.
Any Ideas On Which One To Go For And Where I Can Get It.
Thanx.

...be a good lad and say :) your first" hi " to the '4ring'd' Community first eh!!!
:o.k:

lol j7uss
err mod wise u could think about puttng manifolds/exhausts etc, that would squeeze a few more horses out

Front mount intercooler works well with remapped cars but there is not much choice here in the UK. The guys in the States have much more choice on FMICs. Samco hoses to hold more boost. Change the Factory plastic dump valve for a Forge 007 or similar to hold boost a bit better.

Lots and lots of discussion on air filters, do a quick search.
Also lots of people have changed inlet manifolds, downpipes, de-cat exhausts etc.

Do a search and you will find LOADS of info. You could also check www.briskoda.net / cupra.net / golfmk4s etc etc as all the tuning and engine parts are either identical or versy similar with the same gains to be had.

Andy

My advice is to sell the 1.8t & get an S4, job done!!

My next mods would be Bailey Dump Valve and a decent air filter. I had the evoms CAI on my 1.8t bora. It moves the filter down to behind the front lower grill so it can get lots of nice cold air, also makes it sound like Darth Vader... Dump valve will make the car alot smoother to drive..

If you looking for a decent increase to your motor mate you would be looking at a FMIC (front mounted intercooler), a full stainaless steel exhaust including down pipe and race cat and a decent induction kit. After all that you would need to get your re-map set up after again. A dump valve won't seen any increase inperformance but its a nice touch especially with the induction kit and full exhuast. You should see a decent increase in BHP with all that gear but it won't be cheap!!

Anything else after that then you would be looking to upgrade the turbo!

sports cat doesnt make any difference bhp wise on the 1.8t,s grae, with a milltek and an oc.t or oettinger turbo pipe he will see about 220 but any more will need a different turbo

jase0851 said:
sports cat doesnt make any difference bhp wise on the 1.8t,s grae, with a milltek and an oc.t or oettinger turbo pipe he will see about 220 but any more will need a different turbo

Surely sports CAT will make a difference on any car. A Hi-Flow sports cat replacement are a lot less dense (200 cpi) than the stock factory CATs , thereby they help to reduce back pressure further, improve gas flow, improve performance and power!! :meeting:

Get the injectors from a 225bhp BAM engine and get the software updated from your tuner. This will give a big increase in BHP and torque.

Uprated brakes,suspension kit and an RS4 rear anti-roll bar will make your car alot faster on the twisties.
A CAI will sound nice but you will be lucky if you get any performance gains from it,cant hurt though.Personally i always have a cai,unless its on a diesel then it will sound ****.I know i tried in on my A4.
Dont worry about the maf,i have never seen 1 case where the oil from a filter has been proven to be the cause of a broken maf.
A Milltek or similar will also sound very nice and help with the breathing.
I did notice a difference when i put a sports cat on my golf 1.8t,spool up was a little quicker and it felt abit more lively.
You could try an uprated N75 valve,a couple of psi more is always nice and a FMIC before the summer.