Advice on fixed penalty notice

I looked at getting some pressed plates made for mine, the originals went all wrinkly. I decided that I couldn't be bothered with getting stopped to try and explain the legal fine points of them so didn't bother and got standard legal ones instead.

I was parked in a layby on the A10 doing a site inspection when a traffic car pulled up and wanted to talk about my front plate. I apologised for it and said I was going to the DVLA office in Borehamwood as soon as I was finished there and would be putting a personal plate on. He asked if I had the papers and I presented him with all my documents, filled in V75 (iirc) and my new legal plates. He was a total knob about it from the offset and then proceeded to report me for the offense. Few days later I got a FPN for the offence. Disgruntled I phoned up to complain about it and the WPC was really nice and said she thought it was a bit much being reported given the circumstances and she suggested I raise a formal complaint which I did. Within 24Hrs I had an Inspector call me and from the word go he couldn't have been more apologetic, stating this was not the sort of policing that wins the police favour with the community and given my evidence and that officially recorded by the officer I should take the case to court. Unfortunately I have no faith in the court system after a friend of mine getting completely stiffed with an alleged mobile phone offence so opted to just pay the £60.

Well what a lot of hassle that was a simple thing like paying a fine online.

Went to pay my fine today online put in all my details from the pink slip only to notice they have put the wrong reg number down as when they input the details they mistook the pc's y for a g so reg read s18rgs which is wrong (I will take a pic of pink slip and upload it here). So had to phone Tom, **** and Harry to get a straight answer in regards to paying the fine in the end had to for the court office and paid it over the phone a simple 5min Internet payment turned into half a day of messing about. Thank you mister plod another waste of my time and yours.

They put the wrong reg number down?

Not your car that's on the system then. Or am I missing something?

This is a pic of the part of the pink slip now my reg is s18rys on the slip it sort of looks the same but when the admin put it on the cimputer system for logging it they put s18rgs so when I went online to pay it I couldn't as it had the wrong details.

8BF701EA-2399-404F-8E12-6D56697F0504-17130-00000FD7C632F1EF.jpg

Well what a lot of hassle that was a simple thing like paying a fine online.

Went to pay my fine today online put in all my details from the pink slip only to notice they have put the wrong reg number down as when they input the details they mistook the pc's y for a g so reg read s18rgs which is wrong (I will take a pic of pink slip and upload it here). So had to phone Tom, **** and Harry to get a straight answer in regards to paying the fine in the end had to for the court office and paid it over the phone a simple 5min Internet payment turned into half a day of messing about. Thank you mister plod another waste of my time and yours.

I wouldn't have paid it! lol

Admin error, walk away.

Again, giving you the benefit of my Police experience, you would have got away with that and had they persued it, a decent lawyer would have got that quashed straight away. They would have been laughing about that in the CTO. If you get a legal document such as a speeding ticket, and any of the details are wrong; their loss I'm afraid. Never mind, done now.

One phrase always used in legal cases, 'REASONABLE DOUBT'

not to thread hijack, but it always bemuses me when there's threads like this : someone knowingly does something wrong (it's usually parking or speeding) and gets caught, then posts on a message board about the injustice of it all and wants a way out.