1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on external care

adamccc Jul 2, 2013

1. adamccc

adamccc Member

Hi guys,

After having my S3 for almost half a year and surviving a harsh winter (not helped by my car park having four trees in it that sprinkle **** all over it everyday); she's starting to not look at majestic as usual - I try and get around to washing once a week:

Quick spray with the jet wash
    Soapy warm water with some turtle wax in to and a sponge to get rid of the grime
    Another spray
    Then dried with a leather

Is there any extra steps/products etc. I should be using to get a really good, long lasting clean and shine?

2. s3facelift09

s3facelift09 Member

My advice is that you forget about the sponge, you make tons of swirls with it, and all kind of other damage to the paint. You need to buy a wash mitt made out of lambs wool, that's for the washing part, and a microfiber towel for the drying part, it can be used also for waxing and washing/drying the windows etc.. Everything is well explained in this video, it's long but very helpful, it changed my whole perspective of how to wash and dry a car in a safe way, without damaging the paint..check it out..

Audi R8 BLACKBIRD: Basic Car Wash Techniques - /DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube

3. crunchie

crunchie Active Member

^^what he said^^

4. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

Check out the detail forum.
    Everything on cleaning your car and what to use will be in there.

Just expect to have a lighter wallet afterwards. :sob:

5. shariain

shariain Well-Known Member

6. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Depends how involved and how much money you want to spend on stuff tbh. As said, it can be expensive

A good place to start is by reading about safe cleaning methods, e.g. Snowfoaming and then Two bucket method with a wash mit and some decent shampoo. Below is a decent guide to help...

Good Washing Technique - Detailing World

7. adamccc

adamccc Member

Thanks for the help, went out and brought a few microfibre bits, tyre brush and wax and has come up a treat.

[​IMG]

8. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Even though it's a bugger to keep clean, Black always looks spot on when it's been done.

Prima Amigo + Vics Concours Wax = Amazing on Black!