Advice on exhaust pipe

JohnnyBr

Reaction score
Hello all,

Firstly, apologies if I have posted in the wrong section. My knowledge on cars is not great tbh and I would like some information.

I have bought an Audi a3 sportback 1.6 diesel and I have had to replace the rear bumper as the old one had been damaged. So I went and replaced it with a s line bumper. I think the bumper that I have fitted is meant for the petrol version but I thought at the time I could just buy a dual exhaust tip. However, after the fit I realised that the exhaust is situated to the edge of the bumper and I'm not sure if something like this will fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...p&clk_rvr_id=1111187725345&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

So I was just wondering if you guys could advise me on what my options are? Are there specific exhaust tips that I can search for? or would I have to wield two together?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Edit: added the image below
7jsgOzT.png

Last edited:
I'd have thought you were better off replacing the back box with a twin-tipped version, rather than try and split your current single tail-pipe into two with a cheesy aftermarket add-on?

I was kind of looking for a quick cheap option to be fair, but I don't actually know how much buying a back box would cost. is that something I would have to go to Audi for or can I find something on ebay?

Yes! that would work, did you just google that? I can't find it lol

Oh wow, yeah they are a bit expensive! haha. Yeah I guess I will either have to get custom made ones or go with Paradigital's suggestion :)

@JohnnyBr if you want to swap your diffuser for a single then id be up for that. I have a 1.6 TDI sportback s-line with single tailpipe diffuser and looking for a double you see. Getting very confused on part numbers on ebay with differences between 3dr and 5dr!

Reactions: pburv and Scottyg