1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on custom exhaust system

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Graham89, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Graham89

Graham89 Derv Perv

Hi all, I'm after some advice regarding exhaust systems. The car is a 2.0 TDI 140 PD engine (BKD) At present the exhaust system is standard however it is blowing on the middle section and the rest looks fairly rusty.
    I'm thinking rather than patch the exhaust up with standard bits it'd be better to simply rip off and start again.

After speaking to a couple of exhaust fabricators I have decided to go ahead and have a custom exhaust made up in mild steel including a decat The next option is whether to have a backbox put in or keep it a 2.5 inch straight through system off the turbo. Will this be too loud? What are your thoughts, good and bad opinions welcome!
  2. s3reptdi

s3reptdi Member

No point spending loads of money on mild steel again for it just to rust get 316 grade stainless then it will never rust and out live the life of the car!
  3. barnzy

barnzy Member

Pipecraft, Orion Court in basildon!

He does all the locals, also made a VW golf sound immense!

Google him his name is dean also very good on his prices!
  4. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

Why not take a trip down to AMDTuning at Lakeside.

They've modified much of the exhaust on mine,from a resonated Milltek,through a complete rebuild to it's current state,with a trial system of no back box along the way!

[​IMG]

Very neat,and built to your spec.

To your original question.....put a back box in.....if you don't,it will make your ears bleed after a while.

I've reverted to a back box,as anything less,for a road car is just antisocial,for you in the car,and anyone within earshot.
    Jonse likes this.
  5. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

I have turbo downpipe decat stainless for sale and will bolt onto rest of standard system its 2.5" want £175 for it PM me if interested