advice on buying water meth kit

Or get you and Bill to fit it when it comes down for mapping ? ha ha

I would make sure you clear that with the big man first dude lol...

If the pipework in question is accessible enough then anything is possible but needs to be added to the list of work for the day if you are serious :)

<tuffty/>

Yeah il just get it fitted when it comes down for Mapping I think. I would rather have it fitted spot on than bodge it and maste everyones time.
It should be down in the new year, ive got everything bar the BBT K418T which will be ordered after Santa provides turbo tokens :)

Hi All, just been reading through. I've got my S3 stage 1 mapped with no meth. I just wanted to known if it's still worth me getting meth? I dont plan on getting it mapped again coz im pretty happy with how the car is now. I'm more thinking about coz I was told it would be a bit better for the car and give me slightly more power without a map. Now I'm not tuner or anything so forgive me for my lack of knowledge but I'm just wondering if it would benefit the car or if it would just be a waste of money if I'm not gonna go stage 2?

Thanks
Dave

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Better off spending the money on a Badger5 TIP and FMIC...

WMI is more a stage 2+ kinda mod tbh...

If sticking to a stage 1 map then fit a FMIC at least... then fit a B5 TIP... before going stage 2 if you ever decide to fit a 3"dp

At that point WMI will help if you drive hard to keep IAT's more consistent but for the money the kit costs you would benefit more from a B5 TIP and FMIC

<tuffty/>

Reactions: DaveS384
Better off spending the money on a Badger5 TIP and FMIC...

WMI is more a stage 2+ kinda mod tbh...

If sticking to a stage 1 map then fit a FMIC at least... then fit a B5 TIP... before going stage 2 if you ever decide to fit a 3"dp

At that point WMI will help if you drive hard to keep IAT's more consistent but for the money the kit costs you would benefit more from a B5 TIP and FMIC

<tuffty/>

Their is a air tech fmic in the classifieds :sign plug:

Thank for the reply tuffty

I've got an sfs oversized TIP on now and I'm getting the toyosport cooler but want to keep my fogs so I've bee putting off getting the pipework done lol.. I'm not really sure about going stage 2 tbh coz I'm at 260bhp with 290lb/ft which I was told is about the limit of torque for the stock rods.. So if that is the case then obviously I'll have to forge to go further safely anyway and then obviously I've got to get the other bits for Stage 2. My S3 is more gonna be about being a nice example but have a bit more punch that stock.

My ultimate goal is to get mine as clean as yours is lol.. I've just got my coilovers, Brembo setup on its way and I've polybushes some bits. I've basically got about another 2500 left to play with but I need to get some paint work done so I'm just trying to work out to make best use of my money lol

Their is a air tech fmic in the classifieds :sign plug:
I'll have a look now but I think I'm pretty set on the wellycooler tbh. I read that the welly was the better choice but again I'm not tuner so I can only go by what I can research.. obviously the problem with Google is you get false info sometimes so olease do correct me If I'm wrong lol

the correct welly cooler (toyosport type B) is good value for money... can be a pain to fit without a bit of fabrication work if you want to retain the fogs but doable non the less (big thread in the FAQs with examples of this)... just watch out what you buy as there are a lot of copies out there which use glued cores and minimal internal fins... they tend not to work so well despite their size...

290ftlb on a stage 1 seems quite a lot to me... would imagine its a quite an aggressive map...

Be careful fitting the welly cooler if it is as welly himself managed to bend a rod after fitting it... he was running a fairly aggressive map himself...

300ftlb or 300hp seems to be the current internet train of thought on limit for rods... in reality its hugely subjective... aggressive boost spikes under load at <insert arbitrary torque figure here> will bend rods more readily then a more progressive delivery of torque...

<tuffty/>

Yeah I've seen that they can be a bit tough to get right. I have got a print out of my dyno runs while mapping but I couldn't tell you if it was aggressive or not lol.. I know it feels nice and still pulls like a train. I was told that my engine just wants to pull when it was being mapped and my engine is very good. Well to be exact I was told it was one of the best engine's he's seen. That was 3yrs ago tho but I do keep her well kept and she still feels awesome..

I am a corner guy tho and it's all about the twisty stuff for me

Do you think I'm better off leaving the engine as it is then and just focus on other stuff? I do want to just stay safe with the engine and where I live I don't really need big power coz it's all country roads..

Yeah I was told 300ft/lb and 300bhp was about as far as I should go on stock internals so I just thought I may as well leave it where it is coz otherwise I gotta spend big money that I haven't had. Now I got this bit to put into her I want my bodywork sorted so forging is still out of the question unfortunately..

Id love to replicate your S3 but I'm gonna a have to just get mine as tidy as yours and then worry about power

Reactions: <tuffty/>
an FMIC will always be a benefit... when running stage 1 on mine the IAT's were crazy... fitting the AH v1 made a world of difference...

Do you have a print out of the boost/torque plots you can post up?

<tuffty/>

an FMIC will always be a benefit... when running stage 1 on mine the IAT's were crazy... fitting the AH v1 made a world of difference...

Do you have a print out of the boost/torque plots you can post up?

<tuffty/>
Here you go bud.

To much going on for me to know what's happening lol.. I just remember when I took it for a run it put a massive smile on my face lol
e41a310708ad10e6d247fcc2f5191cec.jpg

Whats the AH v1 mate? I gather it's a cooler but that's it lol.. I know the "welly" the airtec, the Wagner and the forge...

Hummm... looks a little aggressive and running more boost than what is normally classed a stage 1 would... most stage 1 maps run around 18psi or 1.2 bar... that looks as though it spikes on spool to 1.5bar which were your fairly high torque figure comes from...

Info on other FMICs here
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ah-fab-ebay-forge-s3-a3-fmic-installs-image-heavy.75425/

Wouldn't like to say what the outcome of fitting a FMIC would be on that tbh

<tuffty/>

Humm indeed.... I think maybe I should just leave it as is for now then coz she's been all good up to now so probably best to just leave it lol... thanks tho I really appreciate you taking a look at it.