Advice on an 2.0 TDI A4 S Line Multitronic purchase

elwappo

Reaction score
Hi all,
completely new here and imagined it's best to get the thoughts of some owners here, so here goes...

Thinking of buying a 10 plate 2.0 TDI, white S Line, multitronic, A4 from a main dealership. 35k on the clock, in great condition (a few minor bonnet/bumper chips which I noticed, and the dealer instantly said he'd have fixed in the body shop).

It's up for £18k and he offered me £7k for my 57 plate Civic Type R GT which has sat nav, voice and bluetooth (£500 above part ex, and basically dealership price - it's in excellent condition and will resell no problem). Told him straight away the A4 is only worth £17.2k according to Parkers and so we're £300 shy I reckon of a possible deal (he knew I wasn't up for playing with or ripping off). Going in late tomorrow for a test drive as I've not driven one.

Any pitfalls or advice on this model? Heard they're a bit harder on the drive compared to normal models, but I'm used to firm ride in the Type R! Am I daft for trading in my pocket rocket which hasn't given me a days trouble, puts a smile on my face with an insane whine of 9000RPM?! Obviously I'm looking for something more practical, cheaper to fuel and insure, yet is fun, refined and is a bit special.

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.

MPG isnt brilliant (177) and all B8's have shyte clutches.It uses a dual mass flywheel which is awful.Must ensure that this is covered by warranty.If you feel the slightest judder, stay away.The sline ride is firm but comfortable....completely the opposite to the B7 sline which was a boneshaker.

2010 143 SE multitronic has never missed a beat. Decided against an SLine as they are a bit harsher ride.

Its done 40,000 now.

Very, very different engine to a Civic Type R. The TDI does not need revs, the multitronic can keep the revs below 3k yet pull away from the lights as quick as some boy racer revving the nuts off a manual!