Advice on a small problem please...

JS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a small problem that has developed.

Every time I was to fill up my washer fluid, the fluid would leak out within a couple of hours. So I decided to investigate a little further got the car over the pit, removed the covers underneath and discovered my problem. On the washer bottle, there is a ribbed hose that exits the washer bottle (behind the driver's side fog light) and splits off in two directions. One of these hoses has a pin ***** sized hole in which is jetting into the back of the fog (fog light not yet affected).

So my question is how do I solve? Yes the car is under warranty, but with my nearest dealer 40 miles away it is not worth my time or fuel travelling there. The area is too wet to use any adhesive items like duct tape - I have thought about using a glue gun and plugging it up but that seems a bit of a bodge. Anybody else had similar? Thanks in advanced!

I think that would be too much of a hassle - it deserves just a quick fix for the trivial nature of the fault. A new hose would be overkill and wouldnt be practical. Thanks anyway!

Cut the pipe in two at the holed point and join back together with a straight washer pipe connector. Job done.

The ribbed plastic pipe can be a little tricky to slide over the connector but a small amount of heat ( like a quick blast from a cigarette lighter) will soften the plastic pipe and work a treat.

Any motor factors worth bothering with will have one, failing that, e bay!

Good idea - thanks guys.

I've had the same fault. I removed fog light and pulled the pipe off and reset the o ring then reattached it and twisted tightly back onto washer bottle. Problem solved. Good luck matey