1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on a few upgrades

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jord11, Oct 3, 2013.

1. jord11

jord11 Member

[Oct 3, 2013]
    Hi all, I've recently purchased an A3 facelift 2008 58 plate. Now it's the bottom spec with a few added extras such as leather and sline wheels. I desperately would like some sort of DIS screen. The screen works, but it only displays when a door has been opened. I have done a search on the forum and found out that I can change the whole cluster but is there a way of just changing or coding the middle screen to show mpg etc?

Another upgrade I'm after is an sline or s3 spoiler. Where's the best place to purchase a genuine one as I haven't seen any on ebay.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

[Oct 3, 2013]
    Hi there. I believe you can get someone with VCDS to code in the MPG readings, I saw a thread on here quite recently about it I think.

The s-line spoiler's are quite hard to come by, you need to remain patient as they do come up on eBay from time to time but they are popular as others like yourself are wanting to do the same thing.

I have a twin exhaust s-line diffuser that will fit your car (providing you have twin exhaust) and give you that sportier s-line look if interested? Classifieds: Audi A3 S-Line (Black Edition) Rear Diffuser TWIN Exhaust
  4. jord11

jord11 Member

[Oct 3, 2013]
    Hi, cheers for the snappy reply :) I'll have to have another search and include VCDS in with it.

Yeah I can imagine alot of people been after the spoilers but just thought there may be more about, guess I'll have to sit tight.

Arr I have just looked at your diffuser in the classifieds, it's definitely something I'll be after but I would like to sort the DIS system and a spoiler out first.

Are you after a standard diffuser in return?
  5. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

[Oct 3, 2013]
    Find posts by NHN. He replied to someone I believe.

No, just want shot of the s-line diffuser :)
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 3, 2013]
    Please show us a pic of your cluster with ignition turned on & car door open, then we can advise what is required.
    JD007F likes this.
  7. jord11

jord11 Member

[Oct 5, 2013]
    Sorry for the very late reply, a few things cropped up.

Anyway here's a screen that looks identical to mine when the doors are open.

DIS (Driver information System) - A3

Not my car but found it via the link.

Thanks for all your responses, they are very much appreciated.
  8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 5, 2013]
    We'd need to fit a complete cluster as that doesn't have any dis at all, we can fit the newer white version, but its not cheap to do, but for me its totally worthwhile for all the dis menu's & data.

PM me if interested for a price.
  9. jord11

jord11 Member

[Oct 5, 2013]
    Ok cheers, PM sent.
  10. jord11

jord11 Member

[Oct 8, 2013]
    Here is the cluster from the said car

[​IMG]
  11. A3Kent

A3Kent Different Gear

[Oct 8, 2013]
    I was expecting to see the white DIS on your 58 plate, that's unfortunate as most 58 plates would have the white DIS
  12. jord11

jord11 Member

[Oct 9, 2013]
    I know it's quite depressing to be honest, especially as every car I've had previously has had some sort of DIS system.

It's a facelift A3 but poverty spec with extras, such as leather and 18" sline wheels, looks nice, drives great, just the lack of DIS and MFSW that lets it down.
  13. kimhemm

kimhemm Member

[Oct 9, 2013]
    Then just get the last pieces done and don't think to much about the money it will cost. Spending that last bit sometimes makes a BIG difference in how a car feels