advice on a ebay comment ????

Royh1179

Reaction score
hi friends well im curently keeping my eye on a turbo in the listing is this comment !!

"recond at owen developments.it has had turbine blades cut back 10 degrees"

recon bit i understand lol but the blade cut ?????

what differance would this give to the turbo ?????
cheerz :icon_thumright:

ps its a standard ko3:blackrs4:

It means the blades have been "clipped" to prevent surging. I assume it's a hybrid.

Deffo A4 fitment?

ye its defo for an a4 it came of an a4 ill look into the ballancing but they did say its all been done but ill check

will having the blades "clipped" make any power/performance of the turbo differant gain or loss? thanks guys

It will make it slightly laggier, but will make it flow it a bit better at the top end.

What is the rest of the spec of the turbo?

Link to the advert?

really wont to go for that ko3 / s3tt hybrid but its alot off £££ at the mo and now my work has ended i cant afford that yet but need to keep my car on rd and get my oil leaky turbo replaced so dont do more damage,

Waste of time that.

The compressor is stock, so theres nothing to be gained from cutting the turbine blades, barring slowing the spool.

Ive got a KO3 if you like but the mileage will put you off despite the fact the car is boosting completely inline with spec measurements according to VCDS and engine generally sweet with a peak 126 g/s for MAF at 6060..