1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on 3.2 remap

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by powerplay, Oct 4, 2006.

1. powerplay

powerplay Grrrr

[Oct 4, 2006]
    Have decided after a year I'd like to have a tinker and see what can be done to release a bit more from the ol' thing.

doesn't seem to be that much on the forums about the 3.2 so I'm hoping for some reccommendations?

Have looked at AmD and MRC tuning, both seem to offer similar gains, but AmD seem somewhat pricey, anyone any experience of both, or comment on Superchip etc?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. mikep

mikep Member

[Oct 4, 2006]
    The Revo remap for the V6 is £339 + vat and releases another 15bhp, 15lb ft and a more responsive throttle pedal.
  4. co55ie

co55ie Member

[Oct 4, 2006]
    Very few of the remaps actually give a power gain but they do improve drivability.

Ignore the figures branded about for the 3.2 conversions your only likey to see 20 - 25bhp with schrick cams a full exhaust and a remap.
  5. powerplay

powerplay Grrrr

[Oct 4, 2006]
    Aw, that sounds a bit disappointing!!

I admit to not knowing a great deal about modern engines, but was under the impression as "standard" an engine will not be optimally tuned but would be a best compromise to cater for the majority of conditions and grade of fuel with at least some room for improvement, or is that not the case? :ermm:
  6. co55ie

co55ie Member

[Oct 5, 2006]
    Its still worth remapping as the driveabilty will be improved you wont really get a very noticeable (if any) improvement in an outright power / BHP

I remember attending a rolling road day and several claimed 300 bhp R32's failed to achieve more than 270bhp way short of the claims . The cars all had cams exhaust and a remap.

Out of interest when Evo rolling roaded a MkV R32 it only made just over 200bhp :wtf: it was a new engine though but some way off the manufacturers claims.
  7. Steve-L

Steve-L Member

[Oct 5, 2006]
  8. powerplay

powerplay Grrrr

[Oct 5, 2006]
    Wow yeah, that looks sweeet. Remember reading about the R32 with the kit fitted thats also featured on the site. Now if Audi had put something like that in the S3...:thumbsup:

I wonder what that would do for the insurance...! :busted_cop:
  9. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Oct 17, 2006]
    Have you looked into www.aps.co.uk ? Ed Jackson seems like a good tuner, and will gladly do cams / Milltek / remap. His remap will be done on a Maha load dyno, specifically for your A3. 290 hp is definitely feasible with that configuration.

Here's AmD's printout of my remap on an otherwise stock 3.2:

Hp:
    [​IMG]

Tq:
    [​IMG]

Which was confirmed on another independant inertia dyno:

[​IMG]
  10. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Oct 17, 2006]
    Hello Ben hows things, whaere have you been hiding?

Is Ed the Ed thats used to work for Amd? I was reading about thier R32 demonstrator, seems to be kicking out some very good power.

J.
  11. co55ie

co55ie Member

[Oct 17, 2006]

Most of it a figment of a heavily massaged dyno in other words imaginary :laugh: .
  12. nb

nb Very poorly A3 at the moment..........

[Oct 18, 2006]
  13. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

[Oct 18, 2006]
    Hi MB !

I've been on the www.vortex.com forums. And busy with the Haldex upgrade, a Stasis/Alcon bbk, and VF-Engineering motor and tranny mounts.

Yeah, I think Ed used to work over at AmD. Seems like a good person, and when discussing camshafts/milltek cats and headers, whether to go with 264 or 268 cams, he really took the time to discuss each option.Looks like he knows his stuff.

If I don't go turbo, I'll go to him for cams & a remap.

Any trip to France or Nordschleife soon? We're having a trackday at Spa saturday 28th. Still room if anyone's interested...