1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice of upgrading stereo...

jbw Nov 15, 2004

1. jbw

jbw Member

I'm new here and I have done a search but I didn't get the info I need. I've had my A3 for 2 months now and I'm not particularly impressed with the Bose concert system that is currently installed, bass is horrid, delay when adjusting volume and if I turn the stereo up just over the engine I hear rattles coming from (what I think) are the components in the front. I'm considering ripping the entire lot out and getting the following:

Alpine - CDA-9831R
    Alpine - KCA-420i (for the ipod)
    Alpine - SPR136A
    Alpine - SPR174A
    And one of Andy Macs custom subs with JL Sub. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now I love music but don't like whacking the stereo up full blast - that's not what I'm after. What I want is a system that will be-able to replicate the treble and bass as intended. Will I hear much improvement with this kit over the bose concert?
    I'm not an ICE expert so I'd ideally need to get someone to fit it but I want a decent job done and I'm sceptical as to who to turn to. Is fitting going to cost as much as the kit?

Many thanks in advance,
    jbw

P.S - here's a pic of my new Audi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[​IMG]

2. jbw

jbw Member

Can an admin move this to the ICE forum please.
    I apologise in advance for being a (blind) fool and not seeing the ICE forum earlier.

many thanks,
    jbw

3. Markb

Markb Active Member

I was just about to say this should be in the ICE Forum.

When it gets moved I will reply LOL

I like what you have done with the front bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Very S3 like.

4. jbw

jbw Member

Thanks Mark,
    I didn't have any of the extras done - it was all bought like that, alloys, bumpers and exhaust.
    I'm well chuffed with it... apart from the stereo!

ta,
    jbw