1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice of upgrading stereo...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jbw, Nov 15, 2004.

1. jbw

jbw Member

[Nov 15, 2004]
    I'm new here and I have done a search but I didn't get the info I need. I've had my A3 for 2 months now and I'm not particularly impressed with the Bose concert system that is currently installed, bass is horrid, delay when adjusting volume and if I turn the stereo up just over the engine I hear rattles coming from (what I think) are the components in the front. I'm considering ripping the entire lot out and getting the following:

Alpine - CDA-9831R
    Alpine - KCA-420i (for the ipod)
    Alpine - SPR136A
    Alpine - SPR174A
    And one of Andy Macs custom subs with JL Sub. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now I love music but don't like whacking the stereo up full blast - that's not what I'm after. What I want is a system that will be-able to replicate the treble and bass as intended. Will I hear much improvement with this kit over the bose concert?
    I'm not an ICE expert so I'd ideally need to get someone to fit it but I want a decent job done and I'm sceptical as to who to turn to. Is fitting going to cost as much as the kit?

Many thanks in advance,
    jbw

P.S - here's a pic of my new Audi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. jbw

jbw Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    Can an admin move this to the ICE forum please.
    I apologise in advance for being a (blind) fool and not seeing the ICE forum earlier.

many thanks,
    jbw
  4. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    I was just about to say this should be in the ICE Forum.

When it gets moved I will reply LOL

I like what you have done with the front bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Very S3 like.
  5. jbw

jbw Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    Thanks Mark,
    I didn't have any of the extras done - it was all bought like that, alloys, bumpers and exhaust.
    I'm well chuffed with it... apart from the stereo!

ta,
    jbw