1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice needed

Discussion in 'Classic Audi Forum' started by phillH, Jan 7, 2007.

1. phillH

phillH New Member

[Jan 7, 2007]
    Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a very mint 1995 coupe 2.6

i'm about to lower it 40mm and replace all the bushes with a powerflex kit and add some anti roll bars,

but it just aint fast enough.

i know tuning options are quite limited on the v6, but does anyone have any suggestions to get a bit more bhp.

im planning to get a new exhaust system not sure which one and an induction kit. i hear remapping the ecu wont do much.

so how can i get the power up (without replacing the engine or spending a fortune)

thanks all
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[Jan 7, 2007]
    Hello and welcome to the site

There is not that much you can do apart from what you are doing now....If you were to spend a few quid getting the inlet manifold ports polished would help as they are never well done ....there is a way were you can open the throttle body up a bit further but not sure on the detail on that .....If you go onto www.034motorsport.com sure there is a few things listed there for your motor
  4. phillH

phillH New Member

[Jan 7, 2007]
    thanks for the welcome and the info buddy
  5. grant_coupe

grant_coupe Member

[Jan 11, 2007]
    Hi i have a v6 coupe too, i have a full stainless steel remus system on mine, sounds awsume. i removed the cat aswell to get the extra grunt and torque. i also have a ram air induction kit. fse do a boost valve that they say will give you aprox 12 bhp on standard boost and could knock at least half a second off to 60 although i am unsure about these figures. With filter and exhaust on, a rolling road tune up could be a good idea, could add more bhp.

please let me know how you find the suspension i am also looking to up grade.
  6. phillH

phillH New Member

[Jan 12, 2007]
    will do thanks
  7. 28v6

28v6 Guest

[Jan 12, 2007]
    Pull the engine, rebore it out to a 3litre balance and Blue print it, Port & polish it, then Big valve her...you should see around 40 - 60 horses not alot I know.. but its better than nowt and she'll be smoother on the pick up...