1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed...

L11wne Apr 7, 2013

1. L11wne

L11wne New Member

I have recently remapped my 2008 s3 and the clutch is now slipping in the higher gears. I know there has been alot of posts here about replacing clutches but I was wondering if some1 could advice me on what would be the best but not too expensive. I won't be doing anymore upgrading to the car if that makes any difference.

2. towcestervag

towcestervag Member VCDS Map User

theres a few to choose from but i fitted a helix organic to the other halfs leon cupra tdi
    it wasnt cheap but it can take the torque and feels slightly heavier as its a single plate clutch biting/grab feels as standard

3. L11wne

L11wne New Member

Thanks for the reply, did u replace the flywheel at the same time.

4. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis Audi S3

What Stg or power/torque are you running?

If you want to retain the DMF,then the Sachs organic is the best choice,but will need a bit of gentle bedding in.

Other than that,the Loba/Sachs SMF setup is excellent,and would cope with over 400lbs.

5. L11wne

L11wne New Member

It's the bluefin stage 1 software. I thought it would of been a good idea getting it done but turns out to be a expensive 1

6. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis Audi S3

The stock clutch is basically pretty poor,and may or may not manage Stg1 torque(around 310-320lbs) without trouble,but at some point it will give up.

All of the replacements weigh in at around £1k,when you include the flywheel and labour and the dreaded VAT.

7. L11wne

L11wne New Member