1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed on which conversion harness i need please

k22102 Jun 3, 2010

  1. k22102

    k22102 New Member

    Hi Everyone,

    I recently bought a 1999 T B5 S4 avant from an insurance company after a light front end bump, i've got the car well on the way to its former glory but i need some advice regarding autoleads or similar harness convertors.

    The previous owner removed the cd changer and headunit from the car before the insurance company collected it, my plan was to fit a Sony Cd/Radio headunit for which i need to convert the 4 audi plugs to standard iso.

    The cars door speakers have 'Bose' badges on the grilles. The audi plugs i have in the dash consist of what appears to be 2 normal iso connectors ( one is black, other is brown ), 2 wider iso style connectors ( a red one with 2 wires & a black one with 18 wires ).

    Just to add to the confusion i want to fit a nokia handsfree phone kit using an autoleads or similar loom which automatically mutes the headunit and diverts audio from calls to the cars speakers:blink:

    Have any of you carried out similar on your cars and could advise me what leads i need?

    I've studied the autoleads site but i need to know if i have full Bose amplification, part amplification or no amplification and i have no idea lol;)

    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, Keith.
  2. AndyMac

    AndyMac Moderator Moderator

    If you have a brown front speaker connector then you don't have Bose at all as all the Bose speakers are seperately amped. You just need PC9-404 which links your rear RCA's on the Sony to the rear/sub amp feed on the 20 pin black mini ISO connector

Share This Page