Advice needed on B5 S4 Avant

JMayes

Reaction score
Hi all

Just looking for advice on car. It's a 1999 S4 Avant Negero Blue)with 165000 miles and full service history. It has a lot of history has been remap to 350bhp with dyno print outs etc. Should I be put off by the mileage? Is there anything I should look out for? I own an S3 but the S4 would be for the wife.

Any advice gratefully received :)

If the turbo's are original, then thats an obvious high cost replacement as its at the mileage where they can go. My S4 Avant has done 170k but has a rebuilt engine so no probs there. Apart from that, same as any other car with that mileage. Listen for transmission/drivetrain noises too as thats obviously not cheap either... Your wife has good taste!

Yeah I need to find this out tomorrow from the dealer who is selling it. It's about 2 hours drive from me too which is also putting me off now as it's a long way to go to see a heap!!! It's been tuned by MRC apparently too!

S41 FAE, yeah I saw that one on the autotrader site as well, its been there for a while as I was originally looking for an S4 Avant, and lets me fair, there is only one :D
Mate of mine who has an S4 also sent me the same car knowing what I was looking for and said it ticked all of the boxes and was an ok car, I've just gone through to the website though and dont remember it being in Birmingham, I thought it was Wales way, perhaps I'm confusing it with another...
Anyway it was more the colour that put me off as I dont want one that jumps out in blue saying yeah I'm an S4 back off, so there was a silver one instead that caught my eye. Since the missus might be getting a company car means I dont have to buy anything as big or practical hence now looking at the S3...

Yeah that's the one it's the colour I'm looking for although I have only just started looking. If it's been up for a while maybe there's something wrong with it???

I never got as far as going to look at it, its been around for at least 6 weeks though.
I would of thought with the age and mileage plus the fact its been tuned would ring alarm bells for some, chances are its been driven hard and you never know just how well its been looked after, is the car not known to anyone on here?

I haven't asked maybe I will start another post asking.

I saw this yesterday as well coincidentally, it is Birmingham based and has been on for a while.

Car does look good and has a very decent spec on it. I would make a phone call first before making the trip, make sure it all checks out, HPI, VOSA history checks etc and if it does, go and check it, may even be worth calling MRC, they should have some info on the car too, so maybe able to give you a heads up on it.

Just remember it is in Birmingham though.....lol (P.S. Im a Brummie myself) :)

Oh have a look on Audisrs.com as well, someone on there may know the car.

Lol ok thanks will give MRC a call :) and get over to Audisrs.com

Dont forget to come back here though....we are after all the best Audi Forum on the net :)

Big love to the Audisrs team :beerchug:

Oh and let us know how you get on.

Can't seem to find anymore info on it from any of the forums :(

I will keep coming back here too :)

No worries, let us know if you get any info from MRC.

Yeah have been in contact with them and the number plate isn't coming up on their database so they have asked if I can get an invoice number from any of the receipts from the dealer which I'm waiting to hear back from!! Not looking good so far :(

I live in Brum myself and have spoke with this dealer in the past, they seemed slightly dodgy and I didn't go through with the sale in the end, make sure you give them a good grilling before you travel.