Advice needed for tyres on TDI 170

Lewbo

Reaction score
I am currently on the hunt for a set of 4 new tyres for my TDI 170 but don't know which ones to get, I have a lot of torque with the car been diesel and mapped so car spins a lot so don't want tyres that will wear down quick, but with us having a lot of rain I also want good wet grip and braking.

I have looked at continental contact sports 3 and 5 and also michelin PS3's and can't decided which to get so would like other people opinions or is there any other tyres that would do

many thanks

I am currently on the hunt for a set of 4 new tyres for my TDI 170 but don't know which ones to get, I have a lot of torque with the car been diesel and mapped so car spins a lot so don't want tyres that will wear down quick, but with us having a lot of rain I also want good wet grip and braking.

I have looked at continental contact sports 3 and 5 and also michelin PS3's and can't decided which to get so would like other people opinions or is there any other tyres that would do

many thanks

I found continental tyres seem to wear down quite quick. (previous car, golf 140)
Running Michelins at the moment (A3 170) and they wear a lot better although not the best all rounder. They dont spin as much in the wet.
The car had them on when I bought it. I have heard that Bridgestone and Goodyear F1 are a good choice.
What size are you running?

Get yourself a set of all season tyres, you will get great mileage and great grip, less wheel spin also, summer tyres spin out too much.

I am running PS2's which are ok, average wear rate, a bit noisy on the rear.
My next set of tyres will be uniroyal rainsport 2's. Good price on camskill and I think they are best suited to average UK driving conditions.

I've just got a set of Toyo Proxes and I'm liking them more than the Michelin's I had on before.

Give us a shout A3 when you know what you want and what size you want. Got a friend who can normally get good prices

As the others have sais, if you could give us your current tyre size we can provide you with a more detailed answer :)

Thanks for input guys my tyres size is 225 40 18 but I have now ordered tyres as I needed ASAP went for Goodyear eagle F1 assymetric 2's from camskill was a good price too

Reactions: CJ92
Paid £420 incl postage and they come with £40 fuel vouchers too which is a bonus :)

Hi.
I'm looking for some tyers myself at the mo so this thread caught my eye.
I have the same size tyres as you a3_sline_tdi 225/40/18
But when i look on Camskill site i can only pick the make Vresestein

Only way i can pick Goodyear eagle F1 2's is by going for tyre size 225 45 18? Is that what you did? or they just out stock now.

Cheers
Dan

Just not simple enough for some people like me lol.
Thanks dude.