1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for leather treatment and repair

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cenci, Jul 8, 2014.

1. cenci

cenci New Member

[Jul 8, 2014]
    Can you guys let me know the best leather treatment to use on the s line black leather seats that doesn't cost the earth?

also my drivers seat is starting to wear slightly where my fat a$$ gets in and out the car. Has anyone ever used a black dye to blend in or is it a big no no.

thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. AndyCon

AndyCon New Member

[Jul 8, 2014]
    I used the scratch doctor leather repair pack at the weekend and was easy to use and looks ok, need to see how it stands up to normal wear now.
  4. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 8, 2014]
    I use Angelwax Heaven to clean the leather and Hide-Rate to recondition the leather. I stock both so if you want a good deal drop me a PM.
  5. prt57

prt57 Member

[Jul 8, 2014]
  6. cenci

cenci New Member

[Jul 10, 2014]
    Thanks for the replies. A few people have mentioned the gliptone so may give it try.
    Still need to figure out how to colour the slight wear I have as not sure the cream will bring that back.
  7. mechanic69

mechanic69 Active Member

[Jul 10, 2014]
    Do a search for black leather seat restorer on eBay, 12 quid will sort it. These are ok but need to be reapplied quite often . But that's worn seats for you, there's no miracle cure without replacing them!
  8. Jonathaan

Jonathaan Diesel Power!

[Jul 10, 2014]
    A diluted APC will clean the seats very well if it is general grime.

Alot of these leather conditioners and what not are not relevant in motor industry as the leather is coated with a thin layer of vinyl.

As mentioned above it is the matte colour you should aim to achieve as that is what it started out in life as, when it goes shiny this is an indication that is is very dirty.

I got myself a cleaning kit from the following website and it is very good stuff, if you get stuck give them a ring as they are very helpfull.

Auto

Jonny.